These simple and healthy no-bake protein bites are perfect for easy snacking on-the-go. With oats, protein powder, and nut butter, these energy balls will keep you satisfied for hours. I like to have these as a quick pre-workout snack or to satisfy my sweet tooth when a nightmare sugar craving strikes.
I know some people love their store-bought protein bars, but i honestly really like making homemade protein bites because I can control what ingredients go into the mix and they’re a lot cheaper to make.
Per serving – Total calories 120 : Carbohydrates 12g ; Protein 5g ; Fats 7g ; saturated fats 1g
Coco-Nutty Protein Bites
- mixing bowl
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 90 grams Porridge oats
- 3 tbsp Ground flaxseeds
- 100 grams Peanut butter
- 50 grams Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut plus extra for decoration
- In a mixing bowl combine the protein powder, oats, flaxseeds, nut butter, maple syrup, and coconut and mix until well combined
- Add a few tbsp warm water if the dough is too dry
- Wet your hands and start rolling the mixture into equal sized bites and put them on a plate of desiccated coconut and roll them to coat the bites.
- Place them in a container to keep in the fridge to firm for an hour before consuming
The cool part about this recipe is you can use the same basic formula to create multiple recipes of your own. Just by switching a couple of ingredients, you can have a totally new flavour. Swap the protein powder for a chocolate flavour, swap the peanut butter for an alternative nut/ seed butter of your choosing, add chocolate chips or dried fruit to the mix, the flavours are endless.
Get creative and see what flavours tickle your fancy!!!
Storage tip – These can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks and in the freezer for 2 months.