A lot of people love to have cereal for breakfast especially granola. However granola when bought can contain a lot of unnecessary added sugar. My homemade granola is lower in sugar and doesn’t compromise on taste.
This recipe makes 2 servings however you can make more to store for a later date you just have to increase the quantities to desired amount.
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 3 dried apricots chopped into pieces
1. Add the coconut oil to a saucepan on a medium heat, followed by the hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and apricot pieces.
2. Allow the mixture to get a little bit of colour, stirring occasionally so to not burn the mixture.
3. Add the oats to the saucepan and stir to soak up the flavours and residue coconut oil.
4. After a minute or so turn the heat off and drizzle over the runny honey.
5. Give this a good stir so that all the mixture is coated and before it cools transfer in to a bowl or container to allow to cool.
Enjoy straight away or store for another day
Best served on top of natural low fat workout with blueberries for a hearty breakfast