Quick protein bites can become pricing for those who are on the go and have a busy schedule. Shop bought ones can have a high amount of added sugar to keep them sweet and tasty. Use this recipe to make your own energy bites and eliminate all that added sugar for a fraction of the price.
These protein energy balls are great as a pre or post workout snack or for those on the go. They will keep you from craving that chocolate bar in the fridge and give you a boost of protein to help fuel your workouts.
Protein Banana Energy Balls
- 20 dates finely chopped
- 60 g banana protein powder
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 50 g porridge oats
- Finely chop the dates and place into a mixing bowl along with the protein powder and goji berries and mix together
- Next add the coconut oil into a microwave container and heat for 15-30 seconds to allow it to melt.
- Once melted add the peanut butter in to the coconut oil and stir until combined then place back into the microwave for a further 15 seconds. This will allow the coconut oil and peanut butter to be more liquid.
- Add the melted coconut peanut butter mix in to the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry mix is coated and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. This will allow the mixture to cool and firm up making it easier to shape
- After 10 minutes remove from the fridge and lets get shaping.
- Scoop a small amount into your hands and press the mixture together firmly to form a solid shape. Form them into golf ball size bites and place into a container or on a plate and then place them in the fridge until needed and will last 4-5 days.