These Protein Donuts are perfect for people who have a sweet tooth, but also want to eat healthier and keep on track with their macros. Being baked and not fried these are the perfect alternative to the classic donuts while also packing a punch with protein.
Using simple ingredients these donuts are easy to make and fun to experiment with toppings. Get creative and let’s start baking.
Macro breakdown per donut (without topping) – Kcal 124, Carbohydrates 12g, Protein 6.5g, Fats 5g
- mixing bowl
- Donut baking tray
- Piping bag
- 120 grams Plain Flour
- 1 serving Vanilla whey protein
- 150 ml Almond milk
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C (gas mark 4) and lightly grease your donut baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then add all the wet ingredients except the coconut oil and whisk until there are no lumps and you have a smooth batter
- heat coconut oil in the microwave using microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds or until fully melted, then add to the oil to the batter and mix well until fully combined
- Grab your piping bag and spoon the batter into the bag
- Carefully pipe your batter mix in to the donut baking tray, filling halfway
- Finally bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden
- Once ready remove from the oven and place to one side to cool before applying your topping of choice.