GETTING YOUR WEEK SORTED
These breakfast burritos are a great time saver for those with a busy schedule. One batch will last you whole week and are freezer friendly just grab, microwave and go. A hearty breakfast in the palm of your hands without having to stand over the cooker all morning.
This recipe will make 6 burritos and the macros for each burrito are as follows:
Calories – 567kcal, Carbohydrates 61g, Protein 40g, Fats 16g.
Freezer Breakfast Burrito
- 2 x frying pan
- 1 x saucepan
- 150 g dry weight white rice
- 6 low fat sausages cubed
- 10 eggs scrambled
- 250 g black beans
- 200 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet pepper
- 125 g low fat grated cheddar
- 5 tortilla wraps
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- sliced jalapenos
- spinach (optional)
- First thing is to cook the rice as per packet instructions
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the cubed sausages, fry until browned then add the paprika, salt, pepper and black beans to the pan.
- After a couple of minutes add the tomatoes and warm through on a low heat
- Crack the eggs in to a bowl and whisk with the chilli flakes, then add to a frying pan and cook until the eggs solidify. Once cooked your burritos are ready for assembly
- To assemble the burrito warm the torilla wraps in the microwave to make them easier to fold, and divide the whole mixture of eggs, rice and sausage mix into 5 equal portions
- Place the rice in the middle on the tortilla first, followed by the sausage mix, then the eggs, then add 25g of low fat cheese on top. Finally add the jalapenos (as many as you dare)
- To fold bring the edges in first then carefully fold the bottom edge over until its compact tightly.
- Wrap each burrito in foil or cling film and place in the freezer. When your ready to eat simple remove from the foil or cling film and microwave for 2 mins until hot throughout.